As the coronavirus pandemic continues, individuals and companies are globally adjusting to a new economy and new individual situations. While solutions for remote work are seeing a massive increase in users, others who have lost their jobs or are furloughed are struggling to simply make ends meet. Both issues present unique opportunities for organizations to help their global and local communities.
During this period of adjustment, people everywhere are stepping forward to help others. In this moment of need, unparalleled gestures of good will are springing up everywhere. We’d like to take a moment and celebrate the efforts of a few of our partners, both in helping secure remote workforces and providing support to those in need:
- Thales implements a global crisis adaptation plan while giving away their chat tool Citadel and secure file collaboration tool Cryptobox
- Okta is matching donations to the CDC and IMC, additionally offering free secure access through their SSO/MFA solutions for 5 internal applications. Okta is also providing assistance to several non-profits both inside and outside their local Bay Area community.
- Splunk is offering a handful of resources including remote worker analytic solutions and a Splunk app that can be stood up to connect to Johns Hopkins University for COVID-19 data, also hosted by them as dashboard/webapps. Splunk also regularly supports many organizations that are key to helping people in need, many of which are key during this crisis.
- CyberArk is prioritizing threat research around pandemic-specific ransomware and simultaneously offering their solution for access management
- Proofpoint is making a two-pronged giveaway for workers, including security awareness training and cloud access security to existing customers
- Extrahop is providing a playbook of advisory content to help secure on prem and cloud networks in the context of remote workers and VPNs
This is certainly not an exhaustive list, so we want to say thank you to all of our partners who are helping organizations and individuals during the pandemic. As organizations continue to accommodate change as best as possible, we at Set Solutions want to help, too. We’re focusing on assisting our local Texas communities by supporting Feeding Texas, a state-wide non-profit focused on supporting food banks across the state. Please consider joining us in helping feed our communities during this unprecedented time. For more information or to donate, go to https://feedingtexas.org.
This blog was written by Sheldon Dearr, Solutions Engineer at Set Solutions.